I just looked back at my 2007 predictions and there were some good calls and some very poor ones. Here were the good ones:
Oregon State will break the trend and win the Civil War at Oregon!
In 2007 I predict Gold will trade as high as $850. It closed on Friday, Dec. 29th, 2006 at $636.
In 2007 the USD index will trade at a new all time low of 78. It closed 2006 at 83.43.
I predict Oil will trade no higher than $70. It closed on Friday, Dec. 29th, 2006 at $61.05.
I will stick to my 2006 prediction of DJIA 9,000.
War will flair between Iran and the U.S.
There will be a large earthquake on the West Coast of U.S. (above 5.9).
Here are the largest in the U.S. in 2007:
# 2007 12 19 – Andreanof Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska – M 7.2
# 2007 10 31 – San Francisco Bay Area, California – M 5.4
# 2007 08 15 – Andreanof Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska – M 6.5
# 2007 08 14 – Island of Hawaii, Hawaii – M 5.4
# 2007 08 02 – Andreanof Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska – M 6.7
# 2007 05 09 – Offshore Northern California – M 5.2
# 2007 05 08 – Western Montana – M 4.5
It seems the poor ones outnumber the good ones. Not to be deterred, it’s time to venture out on to limb’s end and predict away for 2008:
1. Oregon State will win its third in a row baseball championship.
2. Oregon State will win the civil war again.
3. Gold will hit $1,000 per ounce and silver will hit $20 per ounce.
4. The USD will fall from 77 to 68.
5. Oil will trade at $125.
6. Politics remains the wild card in this election year. Not only do I predict the party’s nominees, but the next president. The odds on favorite has to be Clinton, unless some outside event happens to shake confidence in her ability to lead. On the Republican side, that same event could give us Giuliani, but I’m going with either Fred Thompson or Ron Paul.
7. The Republicans will run the country in 2009.
8. Best Picture for 2007 will be Sweeney Todd.
9. The economy will be in a recession by the end of 2008.
10. The DJIA will trade as low as 11,400.
11. The Middle East war will involve more countries.
12. There will be a large earthquake on the West Coast of U.S. (above 5.9).
2008 Predictions Oregon State Gold Silver Oil Sen. Hillary Clinton Giuliani Fred Thompson Ron Paul/a>