I have made a contribution to the Bill Russell campaign for Congress. Russell is running against Veteran Democratic Rep. John Murtha (Pa.). Murtha is the idiot who judged our Marines in Haditha guilty before all the facts were known. They since have all been found innocent. Murtha recently called his constituents racist, just because they weren’t voting for Obama.
Hereâ€™s where Bill stands on key family policy issues:
* Supports a Human Life Amendment to the Constitution recognizing the personhood of unborn children, and extending legal protection to all innocent life.
* Supports gunowner freedoms clearly enumerated by the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. He opposes any effort to strip or redefine these rights by courts and legislatures.
* Supports a Federal Marriage Protection Amendment preventing activist judges from repealing the definition of marriage as â€œthe union of one man and one woman.â€
* Opposes human cloning and embryonic stem cell research, while fully supporting research on adult stem cell lines.
* Supports the appointment of judges who strictly interpret the Constitution, not legislate from the bench.
* Supports giving parents the fullest range of educational choices, including homeschools and private schools, without financial or regulatory penalty.
* Supports restoring control of education to the local level.
I don’t agree with everything, but he would make a far better Congressman than John Murtha. I urge you to find other good men like Bill Russell. We are going to need more of them, no matter who wins the election.