In honor of Valentine’s Day tomorrow, Jennifer Miller has come up with seven places to make love before you die. How many can you check off?
- On a boat – canoes, rowboats, ships, ferries or sailboats
- In a hammock -
- In a hostel bed -
- In the desert – I think camping anywhere might qualify
- In the shadow of volcanoes – the Big Island of Hawaii would certainly qualify, but not parking at Mt. Tabor or Rocky Butte
- In a hot springs – does a hot tub count
- Au plein aire – in a field of flowers, or hay, in the middle of a long road trip, on the floor of a pine forest, on a thick carpet of pine needles, on a deserted pebble beach of any coast, under a candlelit palapa, on the shore of any lake, in your backyard, in the treehouse after the kiddies are sound asleep, beneath fireworks
Those are all certainly romantic, but I think she missed a few:
- in a motel on a rainy Saturday afternoon
- in a car while watching the planes land at PDX
- on a balcony
- in a hotel room with Cheetos and beer after white river rafting down the Snake River
- in Sante Fe among the ghosts of La Posada
I’m sure we’ve covered all the possibilities???
Happy Valentine’s Day!